Friday, January 27, 2006

When you read this you'll wince your ears off.

I am currently walking down Kartoum road. Yes I am currently walking. I'm not holding a pen and paper as I walk. I'm not speaking into a dictaphone. I'm just walking. Honestly. How you are reading this I don't know. I never wrote it down. Someone else must have read it off my mind while I was asleep. Or perhaps there was someone in the bushes on Kartoum road, listening to me say this. Why would i already be saying these things though? Shit I just busted myself. I am writing. I'm at the computer typing in fact. Oh the pain of lost romance. The present tense cannot legitimately be used by a writer unless... well you can imagine. I don't think Henry Miller was fumbling pen against pad while fucking women in parisien toilets was he? Thats why he didn't use the present tense. Fuck the present, make love to the past.

1 comment:

Wall-O-Withnail said...

No wincing a'tall. This is fabulous stuff, the last line is golden.